Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Girl !



It is my daughters birthday today - how did she get so old and yet I am so young......


As mentioned before Frida Kahlo is a favourite artist of hers. I had this image of Frida which I copied. Covered the circle with her picture in it with diamond glaze to give it the effect of a crystal ball. I cut out the hand and popped it up so it was giving it some depth.


The saying on the right side was embossed on vellum then glued onto some paper that I burned down the edge.

2 comments:

  1. Darlene, I love this as much as the card you sent to me (which is now displayed in my craft space).
    Happy Birthday to your daughter :)
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dimension you gave this card with your art placement, awesome.
    and Happy Birthday to Sarah,,,gosh, I remember babysitting her!LOL

    ReplyDelete